And Now?

And so, with Breaking Bad over and no other reasons to live, I’ve come to something of a crossroads.

There are a lot of things that I’d like to cover on Noiseless Chatter (such as a review of Pynchon’s Bleeding Edge, but I haven’t had time to finish it yet) and I still intend to cover them. And I also want to re-start Steve Zissou Saturdays, but that’ll have to wait until November at the soonest, due to some boring personal-ass horse crap I promise you wouldn’t care about.

But you know what? I kind of liked having a show I could cover regularly. Something that would force me to sit down and write. And you wonderful dudes and sexy ladies seemed to like it as well, so I thought I’d pick another show that I could do. Something I could review episode by episode, probably once a week, that would give this blog some focus, give me a reason to write even when I don’t want to, and give you a reason to return even though I know you promised yourself you wouldn’t.

And I thought I’d open it up to a vote. The “winner” won’t necessarily be chosen that way, but it’ll give me a chance to see what you guys are hoping to see around these parts. The way I see it, there are three ways I can go:

A Show I Know I Love: I could take a show I’m already enamored with front to back and write (hopefully) intelligent, deeper examinations of what makes them work quite as perfectly as they do. Some candidates here might be Party Down, The Venture Bros., The Office (UK), Peep Show, or all the old Breaking Bad episodes I didn’t review the first time around.

A Show I Have A Complicated Relationship With: I could take a show that frustratingly runs the gamut from absolutely brilliant to borderline unwatchable. This could be fun because I’d be able to both praise the things a show does right and deconstruct what made it go wrong. This would probably be something like Get a Life, Red Dwarf, The IT Crowd, Black Books or even The Simpsons. (Though in that case there’s no way in shit I’m doing every episode.)

A Show I Know is Fucking Awful: I’ve linked to Full House Reviewed before, and you really should check it out if you haven’t already. It’s made me wonder what other show I could put under a similar microscope…some piece of crap I spent so many hours of my childhood laughing at like an idiot, which would embarrass me endlessly to relive. My approach would be a bit different…instead of just ripping into it for maximum comedy I’d actually want to dig deep and figure out what they were trying to accomplish, and why the fruits of their labor don’t quite hold up. Of course it would be funny too. I can hear you laughing already! This would have to be something I remember quite well, but still know will suck through today’s eyes. So probably ALF, Perfect Strangers, Gilligan’s Island or Clarissa Explains it All.

I kind of want to go with option 3, but even then I wouldn’t know what to pick, so I figured I’d just open it wide.

What kind of approach would you like to see on a recurring basis? What show(s) would you like to see covered?

I’ll make a better effort to post frequently, so that it’s not just a weekly update, but I do think some direction would help. So have at it! What do you want from me???

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Thank you all.

Better Call Saul Reviews: “Nippy” (season 6, episode 10)

Fight, Megaman! (Mega Man X, 1993)